London - Trafalgar Square
London. You'll find everything here. What more do you want? The most varied places, activities, events, covering all interests. Historic buildings, castles, palaces, cathedrals, national art galleries, private art collections, spectacular parks and gardens.
Are you a film buff? Visit the National Film Theatre. A sport fanatic? The Wimbledon Tennis Museum is for you. Do you like crime stories? Go for a Jack the Ripper's London walk in the East End. New art? The Tate Modern. Be carried to the top by the London Eye.
Places of scientific interest, cultural entertainment, street fashion, ethnic carnivals, breathtaking sights of London from river cruises, pop concerts, interactive entertainment, ships, astronomic observatories, wax works, the list is endless.
If you are shopping, check out our advice guide London Cheap Shopping, for savings, bargains and spending as little as possible in the capital.
For central London, the main postcodes are:
- WC1 - Bloomsbury, Russell Square, Euston, Kings Cross, St Pancras. Attractions: British Museum
- WC2 - Covent Garden, Charing Cross, Strand
- SW1 - Victoria, Belgravia, Knightsbridge and parts of Westminster. Attractions: Buckingham Palace, Royal Mews
- SW3 - Knightsbridge, Chelsea
- SW5 - Earls Court
- SW6 - Chelsea, Fulham
- SW7 - South Kensington, Knightsbridge. Attractions: Victoria and Albert Museum, Science Museum, Natural History Museum, Albert Memorial, Royal Albert Hall
- SW10 - Chelsea
- SE1 - Waterloo, South Bank, Southwark, North Lambeth. Attractions: London Eye, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, Royal Festival Hall, National Theatre, Queen Elizabeth Hall
- SE10 - Greenwich. Attractions: Greenwich Royal Observatory, Greenwich Palace, Queen's House, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich Park, Cutty Sark, Fan Museum.
- W1 - Westminster, the West End, Oxford Street, Marble Arch, Piccadilly, Mayfair, Leicester Square, Soho, Marylebone. Attractions: Royal Academy of Arts
- W2 - Bayswater, Queensway, Paddington. Attractions: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens
- W6 - Hammersmith
- W8 - Kensington, Earls Court. Attractions: Kensington Palace
- W9 - Little Venice, Maida Vale
- W10 - Kensal Town, Ladbroke Grove, North Kensington
- W11 - Notting Hill, Portobello Road, Holland Park
- W12 - Shepherd's Bush
- NW1 - Marylebone, Primrose Hill, Euston, Kings Cross, St Pancras, Regent's Park, Camden Town. Attractions: British Library, Madame Tussaud's, London Planetarium, Regent's Park
- NW3 - Swiss Cottage, Belsize Park, Primrose Hill, Hampstead
- NW5 - Kentish Town
- NW8 - Primrose Hill, St John's Wood, Lisson Grove
- N1 - Islington, Angel, Clerkenwell, Hoxton, Pentonville, Shoreditch