Cheaper Electricity & GasOn this page:
A method to save up to £132 on your gas and electricity bill
You can use Energy Linx , a free and impartial online service. It is an electricity and gas search engine which lets you compare the prices of all suppliers and find the best deal for your home.
Energy Linx site says that 20 percent of all its users over the last 60 days (26 Jan - 26 Mar) achieved a saving of at least £132.96.
Energylinx has several distinct advantages:
- it is 100% impartial, it was the very first energy price comparison to be 100% impartial and 11 years later it still offers 100% impartial service, so that by using it you can find every single domestic energy tariff available to you
- it covers all licensed domestic energy suppliers and it updates prices within 11 minutes of any change: this has been its average over the years. So the gas and electricity tariff prices that you see on Energylinx are what you get. It does not employ filters to hide results
- it is free for you to use.
When you arrive on the Energylinx site, you can choose:
- Dual Fuel to compare all UK suppliers of both gas and electricity. While most people receive their gas and electricity from two different energy companies, dual fuel tariffs can save you money on gas and electricity bills
- Electricity to compare all UK electricity suppliers
- Gas to compare all UK gas suppliers.
Energylinx is fully accredited to the Ofgem Confidence Code to compare energy for domestic consumers. Ofgem is the UK government's regulator for gas and electricity markets.
A Very British Worry
A spectre is haunting Britain: that of fuel poverty. But there is a way to reduce our energy bills.
British people are more concerned about how to pay their energy and utility bills than any other financial matter except food. A March 2017 survey by the UK's largest consumer association Which? has revealed that fuel, electricity and food are the top worries of UK households, due to the increase in energy bills. This is only the last in a series of population studies that have consistently shown being unable to afford utility bills as the top money concerns.
It's not surprising because, whereas we can cut on luxury and unnecessary expenditures and we can save money on food by buying cheaper ingredients and meals, electricity and gas bills are harder to adjust to our pockets.
Energy bills are also set to rise: this has recently been confirmed by as many as 16 energy comnies as well as comparison site uSwitch.
According to Which? and many other consumer advocates, including the BBC's consumer programme Watchdog, you can save if you switch your supplier and start being energy smart.
Switching to a new electricity and gas supplier is easy. But what can be confusing is to compare different prices and tariffs in order to save money. There are several price comparison sites, but it may be difficult even to choose among them.
Ofgem, the UK government's regulatory body presiding over the energy sector for gas and electricity markets, has checked the many price comparison websites, so you can follow its recommendations as a good guidance on which sites meet the best criteria to give you a quote on the latest deals and tariffs.
Energy Linx meets these criteria and is accredited by Ofgem, the British government's regulator.